- By carmens |
- Posted on June 3rd, 2012
Here are just 3 recipes, from A lunch sandwich to a salad to dessert. Strawberries for everyone…
STRAWBERRY TURKEY CLUB PANINI on Rustic Garlic Loaf
12 oz bacon
1 lb slicked turkey – cut from cold roasted turkey breast
1 oz garlic butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup mayo
6 slices rustic Italian Bread
2 cups lettuce (or baby spinach)
1 cup sliced strawberries
1. Cook bacon until crispy then drain on paper towels.
2. Using a food processor (or you can do it by hand) puree avocado and lemon juice, then transfer to a bowl and stir in the mayo – Season with salt and pepper.
3. Assemble the sandwich: bread, avocado spread, strawberries, lettuce, chicken, bacon, avocado spread, and lastly another piece of bread. Place in Panini Press and brush with garlic butter and toast.
Yield: 3 sandwiches.
STRAWBERRY VEGETABLE SALAD w/ Truffled Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
This delicious strawberry vegetable salad recipe combines lettuce, fresh veggies and fresh strawberries for a perfect refreshing taste.
8 oz assorted lettuces, torn into bite size pieces
8 oz fresh spinach, torn into bite size pieces
1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced or chopped
1/2 pint strawberries, halved or sliced if they are larger
1/2 cantaloupe, scooped into balls
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. Combine the lettuces, spinach, avocado, strawberries, cantaloupe, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and mushrooms in a large salad bowl.
2. Add the poppy seed dressing just before serving and toss lightly.
Yield: about 10 servings
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp grated onion
1/4 tsp truffle salt
Place all of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to mix. Pour over salad when ready to serve.
STRAWBERRY MOUSSE PARFAIT w/ Amaretti Topping
1 cup strawberries
1 cup farmers cheese or cream cheese (20% fat)
¼ cup sugar
5 leaves elatin
1. Squeeze the lemon and keep lemon juice.
2. Separate egg white from the yolk. Soak the leaf gelatin at least 5 minutes in cold water.
Squeeze out excess water and place in saucepan.
3. Place two thirds of the strawberries in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add farmers cheese,
lemon juice and sugar and process for 15 more seconds.
4. Melt the gelatin slowly over gentle heat. Once it has melted, add the gelatin carefully to
the strawberry mixture. 5. Put in fridge and wait until the mousse starts to gelatinize.
5. Beat white of egg and gently mix into strawberry mousse. Put the mousse 2-3 hours into fridge.
6. Then spoon the strawberry mousse into dessert parfait. Layer sliced strawberries between
layers of mousse. Top each dessert with 2 whole strawberries & Amaretti topping.
Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
6 amaretti cookies, crushed
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour. Spoon over Mousse.
← How to Cook the Perfect Bird! THE BIRTHDAY BLACK BOX SUPRISE MENU →
2011 © Carmen's Catering Sitemap